16 December 2015
Greenman Rising is a folk band based in the Midlands – Coventry, Nuneaton, Birmingham, Leicester.
This is music that doesn’t stand on ceremony; you won’t find cute arrangements and cool sophisticated posturing. What you will get is the hardcore tradition for modern audiences….
Driving dance tunes, songs about love, war, murder and betrayal. The soldier who rebels against an invasion and the sailor cheated when he comes on shore. Beautiful ballads and full-on musical madness that’ll get you dancing the night away.
- Steve Bentley – vocals, bodhran
- Andrew Wigglesworth – melodeons
- Eddie Bentley – guitar
- Scot Barlow – bass guitar
- Rebecca Park- fiddle,bassoon,recorder
- Kathryn Head – vocals, fiddle, flute
all as part of the
Come along and enjoy a really good pint, wonderful company, and a cavalcade of seasonal music (some of it will be vaguely folk-ish) superbly performed by a plethora of local talent.
Support is already promised by
- One For The Ditch – Three guys making a name for themselves on the local folk scene.
- Pete McParland – A regular at AFC with a smooth voice.
- Brian Phillips – Well known at festivals all over the country, and a true entertainer.
- Kevin Dempsey – With over 50 CDs to his name, this fabulous artist ranks high on the list of guitarists.
and John and Margaret Beasley will be joining Finger In The Jar to start the second half’s Christmas festivities.