20 January 2016
Lynn Jenkins and Andy Rush
Lynn and Andy perform thoughtful melodic ballads and lively up-tempo songs in a range of styles, mostly singing together combining rich harmonies with sensitive guitar. They have been performing together for three years at local festivals and numerous folk clubs both as guest performers and supporting some well-known national artists. They perform a refreshing combination of traditional folk and contemporary songs, mostly covers with some original material ranging from Andy to Zeppelin!
Joining us to support our guest artists, will be
- Dave Webb, one of our respected local artists, who performs monologues and old songs.
- Peter McParland, a regular at AFC, singing songs from the 60s and 70s, for the most part.
- John and Elaine Meechan, traditional songs at their best.
- David Parr, guitar ace and all-round talent.
- Tom Patterson and Dave Morton, a locally based duo, distinctive for their original award winning material, mainly accompanied by twin classical guitars.Tom’s traditionally based songs, many of which deal with subjects linked to his native north east, have secured numerous successes at festivals over the last 20 years.Multi-instrumentalist Dave, originally from near Stoke on Trent, is the lead musician in the duo, arranging the songs and playing lead guitar, concertina and banjo.