We are keen to encourage newly emerging and established talent alike. We need the support of our local performers; without them we would be lost.
If you are looking to come to Atherstone Folk Club and perform, please be aware of the following.
On Club Nights, guest artists choose to, either …
- Have a 30-minute spot in the first half, following the floor spots, and a 40-minute spot at the end of the night
- OR A 70-minute spot to finish the night.
Performers looking to be our guest artists are welcome to get in touch with Bios and Demos.
On Club Nights
- We take a collection (a free raffle), and guests receive the proceeds.
- We do not guarantee fees.
- We do not cover expenses, travel, hotel accommodation, transfers, food, or drinks.
For other special events:
- We will make fixed and / or percentage arrangements on an individual basis by email.
- Such emails will comprise the contract between Atherstone Folk Club and the artists.
- We do not cover any expenses, travel, hotel accommodation, transfers, food, or drink.
- Please do not be surprised or upset if your request for £900, two hotel rooms, airport transfers, and caviar is less than favourably received.
Support spots are 30 minutes long, and either …
- Start the second half, preceding the Guest Artist
- OR End the first half with a 30-minute spot
… depending on what the guest artist(s) have chosen to do.
We are immensely grateful to the artists who provide the support and floor spots at the club.
Performers looking to be support artists are welcome to get in touch with Bios and Demos. Please note that we do not remunerate Support Artists.
Floor Spot Artists
Floor spots are usually in the first half, after the residents, and spots are (generally) 20 minutes long.
- All floor spots are pre-arranged; we do not want to disappoint anyone who just turns up.
- It is, therefore, unlikely that a last-minute request for a floor spot can be accommodated. (But … )
- Please contact us in advance to make arrangements.
Performers looking to be floor spot artists are welcome to get in touch. Please note that we do not remunerate Floor Artists.
Please note that most email addresses on this website have been obfuscated to annoy spambots and reduce the amount of spam we receive. You will need to adjust the addresses accordingly. You know it makes sense.
We operate a mailing list which artists can subscribe to, or be subscribed to by the admin (Phil), or unsubscribe from at any time.
Those on the list will be be sent individually addressed emails, not copied, so that their details are not revealed to anyone else on the list.
The list will be used to send items which may be of interest to those on it, and for thanks messages, reminders, invitations to play at Atherstone Folk Club, last minute changes to programmes, notes about the venue, desperate pleas for help, and other items of that sort.
If you wish to subscribe, complete the form at the bottom of the page, ensuring you tick all the boxes that apply.
If you have already subscribed, and wish to update your interests, please use the link found at the bottom of any newsletter sent to you. Thank you.
You will then be sent an email asking you to confirm your subscription, and a link to your subscriber information, where you can update it.
If you are already on the list, and wish to unsubscribe, click on the unsubscribe button in any message sent using the system.
Alternatively, send an email to Phil asking to be added or removed from the list.
Advertising / Gigs lists
Artists are encouraged to promote bookings at Atherstone Folk Club on their own websites and on social media, but please ensure that any advertising on your own website reflects that on this site, and that you have not incorrectly stated the venue details, dates, or times. If the details on this site are not correct, please let us know.
If your website or social media links change at any time, please let us know so that the links on this site actually point to the correct place. Cheers!
- A PA will be provided:
- 4 wireless mics, and 3 Shure wired mics.
- 4 mic stands are available. If any more are required, please bring them with you, particularly any small, specialist, or modified, instrument stands.
- 4 wireless guitar transceiver sets.
- 3 passive DI boxes (with cables) are also available for instruments. Please bring any others you may require.
- Artists are encouraged to bring their own microphones for voice and/or instruments, leads, DI boxes, and effects pedals, etc, to ensure the sound is as you want it, and to minimise compatibility issues.
- Please let us know in advance, if you will be bringing your own PA or other equipment, particularly if you want to bring a full rig.
- Please be aware that your wireless kit may clash with ours. Let us know if you intend to use wireless equipment.
- Behringer 18 channel X-Air mixer.
- Phantom power available on all channels.
- 300-watt RMS QTX column array.
- 50-watt Behringer satellite speaker to supplement the sound at the back of the room.
- Additional cables, power strip(s), music stand(s), etc are available. Please advise number required.
- The PA is provided mainly to enable those at the back to hear everything. Over-powering the audience is discouraged.
- The room is “soft”.
- No other PA will be provided, but you are welcome to bring and use your own, of course. Please let us know in advance.