Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Some materials used on the site have been obtained from authors not directly connected with Atherstone Folk Club and we acknowledge their Copyright ownership of the materials supplied to us and thank them for their permission to use the materials on this site.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Atherstone Folk Club’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this web site; iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Atherstone Folk Club at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Atherstone Folk Club’s web site are provided “as is”. Atherstone Folk Club makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Atherstone Folk Club does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Atherstone Folk Club or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Atherstone Folk Club’s Internet site, even if Atherstone Folk Club or a Atherstone Folk Club authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Atherstone Folk Club’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Atherstone Folk Club does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Atherstone Folk Club may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Atherstone Folk Club does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Atherstone Folk Club has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Atherstone Folk Club of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Atherstone Folk Club’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to Registered users and anyone mentioned on our site information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Anyone whose name, photo, or video, is published or linked to on this website may have the content or link removed by contacting phil[at]atherstonefolkclub.org.uk. Please allow sufficient time for it to be done.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘explicit consent’ policy which means that you have to tell us that you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
WordPress: Our website runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We also use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
A cookie is also used to control the active admin tabs in the Admin interface.
Another is used to determine the Mobile/Full view state on mobile devices.
None of these cookies contain any information of a personal nature.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services may be used on this site. We have no control over the use of this type of cookie. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons on sites that allow visitors to share content onto social networks.
We are committed to acting in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you wish to make a complaint, or want any information about yourself on our website (written, photographic, or in any other form) to be deleted or modified, please get in touch with us.